Here a retake on the topic I once blogged about Be E-Mail Efficient Program – Reduktion der e-mail overload:
We just posted basic rules on e-mail efficiency to follow up on the e-mail efficeiincy initiative. - I think there is a great effíciency loss in many companies as many employeeds are not really managing their mails (and themselfes) in the best way.
The basic rules for efficient e-mail communication are:
- Reduce recipients to the minimum – ask yourself if they really need to know this
- Keep it short: Your e-mail should answer the questions: who, what, when, how, where and why? (ideally in that order)
- Begin the subject line with the e-mail’s intention: Info, Action, Decision Needed etc.
- Explain the relevance for the recipient in the first sentence
- Don’t expect that the entire chain will be read
more info can be found here: http://www.podcastmaschine.de/wordpress/?p=102